Monday, January 25, 2010

The anti-Schindler


(fm the BC thread "Magic")

Cowboy,
Obama himself described his role as the man in the background serving “to provide the vision for change” as he put it. He was to provide the vision, doling out little parcels of change like it was a commodity, and everything was going to fall into place.
Obama must enjoy sitting back and watching Rahm Emanuel and Tim Geithner and Larry Summers do the work while he does the presentation. While the archetype redeemed himself by serving as a shield for those he came to as an exploiter in BHO's case he achieves only the weakening of those forces that would rescue the victims of totalitarianism.

Itzhak Stern:        Let me understand. They put up all the money. I do all
          the work. What, if you don't mind my asking, would you do?
Oskar Schindler: I'd make sure it's known the company's in business.
          I'd see that it had a certain panache. That's what I'm good at.
          Not the work, not the work... the presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.