Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Alone in the Dark


(fm the BC thread "Stop me before I steal again")

Let me start with important things, terrible news from West Virginia. We need to build a system in which those who go down those mines don't get robbed to pay for the vanity projects of the emotionally crippled. My favorite movie is about Coal Miners, John Ford's How Green Was My Valley.

The other bad news, nothing like a fully stuffed sandwich is there?, is Obama announcing his nuclear policy. We now need to think of apologizing to our more robust seniors in France.

In 1945 we were not the least bit ambiguous when Harry Truman promised the Japanese "If they do not now accept our terms they may expect a rain of ruin from the air." Since then for 64 years every US President said that we would neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons and that if the United States or an ally were attacked we would respond at a time place and by a means of our own choosing. Now Obama chooses to toss it all in the trash. He has just hung out the "Kick Me" sign.

-----
OK, I am convinced about the auto quote feature. This one I toss in the can. Log it.

And I thought ex-PFC Wintergreen was to prolix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.