Saturday, November 07, 2009
What would be appropriate for a POTUS to say without interfering
with the trial?
1. He can praise the fallen, their honor and sacrifice and the ideals they
2. He can praise the Constitution, the American system of law and justice
that they swore to defend.
3. He can praise the healing nature and essential goodness of our culture
as a source of hope for all.
4. He can quote sources of our culture, the Old and New Testaments and
Pericles Funeral Oration.
5. He can cite other tough moments when our sense of justice was tested
6. He can assure all that justice will be done.