Friday, November 05, 2010

Comment on The Daily Caller:
MSNBC suspends Olbermann without pay over donations to Democrats

MSNBC suspends Olbermann without pay over donations to Democrats | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

1. MSNBC has Standards? Who knew?

2. The 1st Amendment is a restraint on government and should not bar a private business from regulating the workplace or setting limits on public conduct by employees. Movie studios used to have a "morals clause" in their contracts. News organizations should be able to restrict partisan activity. Given that is my principle as to their rights I happen to think it is unwise. I would rather that everyone, like Rather, was open as to their opinions and that they did their jobs by informing the public about those prejudices.

Olbermann is an embarrassment. If I was an executive at Comcast I'd look for a chance to unload him if he got a ticket for overstaying a parking meter. That however is my openly admitted opinion. Given the networks ratings and bottom line it is not an entirely unreasonable position.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.