Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lunar Eclipse













This was a bit of a disaster. First because my old 4 Megapixel Kodak isn't really up to the job but more because I wasn't up to holding steady in the cold. Despite my efforts to find a place without background light that was undoubtedly an issue also. The Moon is important on many levels.

As a symbol of Islam the eclipse and return of the orb may have significance in that it may drive them to despair or inspire them to belief in an ultimate triumph. It is hard to predict when any excuse for violence is so readily grasped at.

For me whether from my youth spent reading Tolkien, whose Elves identified more with the Moon than the Sun, or from my Father who had been a jeweler in his youth, I am drawn to silver over gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.