Carl Paladino for Governor - October 24, 2010 - The New York Sun
If Cuomo gets into the Governor's office and as now looks hopeful the Democrats out of New York experience severe loses amounting to a wiipeout between the coasts then NY will suffer in many ways.
1. NY will become the socialist wing of Democrat Party's redoubt. In near violent isolation from the rest of the country. Little sympathy can be expected from the majority when the NY delegation pleads for help.
2. Redistricting from the already flawed 2010 census will be entirely in the hands of Democratic Party operatives. This will result in extreme gerrymandering and the wide spread disenfranchisement of Republicans.
3. The result will be an entrenched and radical left wing regime driving out any trace of opposition. The State government will come to resemble what would happen if the feckless radicals of the NY City Council were given real power and the entire state to run.
4. The rule of law will be replaced by the rule of lawyers and patron-client relations.
5. The middle class and business will flee as the economy and politics will increasingly come to resemble those in the 3rd World.