Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Comment on The Belmont Club,
"Who saved GI Joe?"


People hear inner voices. We communicate with different intelligences than just other humans by formal speech and logic. It flatters me to think that I know what my four footed friend is thinking and he undoubtedly knows what I am thinking before I do myself. Old couples really do complete each others sentences. Could spirits and gods once walked the earth with us? Have they withdrawn under the light of new forces but are still out there in some refuge? Personally I doubt it but functional human beings not only can believe but more to the point may need to believe to believe in more then what is mechanically verifiable. I have a friend who is a Homeopath. She believes that her pills and solutions have an effect. Millions agree with her and the claim that there is an aura that instruments fail to measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.