Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Comment on PJM, Michael Totten: »
My Book is Finished, and I’m Hitting the Road

Michael Totten » My Book is Finished, and I’m Hitting the Road

Egypt is a coming story and very important as the the largest Arab country and a historical seat of power in the region. For the larger picture I suspect that the bigger story may be Turkey. The Turks sit at the juncture of so many threads, both current and historical. Religious, cultural, military, economic; all the paths lead through there. All the players sit in a circle, the US and China at a remove, centered on the Turks. You may want to review your Bernard Lewis oeuvre, or even interview him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.