Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Comments on The Belmont Club,
"Seeing-eye cat"


There are hand lettered signs up in my building warning people not to throw cigarettes out the window or face a fine of $500. When I saw them I thought two things.
1) Who in h*ll granted these third world idiots legislative, police or judicial powers?
2) That is a great thing to show anyone considering buying into this bankrupt co-op.

One minor functionary from the building threatened me the other day because I was combing my four footed friend about 50 feet from his garage. I told him to get a lawyer.

One problem is that the lawyers for the landlord seem to feel no need to advise their client on what is in the buildings best interest. To many lawyers just view themselves as hired guns instead of as counselors.
General Frank Savage: [on stalling the transfer paperwork] There can be trouble in this.
Major Harvey Stovall: I don't think so, sir. I never heard of a jury convicting the lawyer.
- 12 O'Clock High

-------
bob,
My friend was fixed, and if an animal does not have the potential of producing show quality offspring it is the right thing to do. It is also true that different breeds have different issues. For example American Pit Bull Terriers do not know how to let go. Given that I still feel that when an animal gets in trouble it is usually a sign that some abusive or incompetent owner needs a trip to get an operation more then the poor beast does. How many jerks are there that get their jollies by waving a brutalized dog around like it was a loaded weapon? It shouldn't take an Austrian accent to figure out what kind of inadequacy they are overcompensating for.

-------
While blue eyed white cats are often genetically inclined to be deaf I would think that using a vacuum near an animal is a bad idea simply because they might be more sensitive to the high frequency whine emitted by the motor.

-------
Wadeusaf,
(who linked to the site)

http://garfieldminusgarfield.net/day/2009/08/07/
Didn’t hold BHO back.

Aug 20, 2009 - 11:08 am

-------
Please adopt Pinky.

http://tinyurl.com/lum4eo
From Theo Spark.

Aug 20, 2009 - 8:37 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.