Sunday, April 05, 2009

Comment on Belmont Club
"Shifting the foundations"


Every week I get the letters in my mailbox from the American Museum of Natural History and the Frick collection and the Jewish Museum and the Noguchi Museum and Living Memorial to the Holocaust Museum and the New York Botanical Garden. They ask where is my membership renewal? In my stomach I feel like I do when I see the ads for the ASPCA with the desperate puppies and kittens. If we do not support what makes us civilized then who will? The circle draws closer and the choices become harder. Obama wants no competition from private charity. Families will look at the children and ask who can go to college? Families will look at the family pet and ask can we afford this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.