Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blogging Insanity


Another blogger and I exchanged some emails which, with their kind permission and names redacted, are posted here.

From: YYYYY
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 23:53:38 +0000
To: XXXXX
Subject: Re: dr. sanity
XXXXX,
If you look at my modest blog http://mrnewyorkcity.blogspot.com you will see that I have commented once or twice at Theo Spark's house, a few times on others from the Pajamas stable, less often than I used to from LGF, and most often at Wretchard the Cat's The Belmont Club http://pajamasmedia.com/richardfernandez. Unfortunately just last night PJM's Wordpress engine suddenly declared harmless little old me to be spam, so I am blocked until Fernandez sorts it out.

Regarding the blog wars around LGF I am as unhappy as anyone. Some things can not be fixed, change happens. The principle that we should be careful not to be exploited by extremists or anti-semites masquerading as conservatives or libertarians is one that I could agree with. There is some merit in viewing the Intelligent Design movement as a less slick bunch of charlatans aping the methods of the Global Warming scam artists or even as a wedge that can be exploited for stealth Islamization.

Granting those principles I do not feel comfortable with what has happened there. It is not my blog but I would not have focused on those issues and the personalities in the same way. It remains the best crafted user interface that I have seen.

See you soon,

YYYYY

PS: With your permission I will redact our names and post this thread on my blog. YYYYY
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

From: "XXXXX"
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:32:09 -0400
To: XXXXX
Subject: Re: dr. sanity
YYYYY,
I just discovered her blog. I remember when she used to comment at LGF. Are you still commenting there? I stopped going a few weeks ago. Looking for a new go to blog. I visit JammieWearingFool and Killian Bundy's blogs.
Take care. Will be in NYC in June, hope to see you again then.
XXXXX
----- Original Message -----
From: YYYYY
To: XXXXX
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: dr. sanity

I've followed the good Dr for years.
------Original Message------
From: XXXXX
To:
Subject: dr. sanity
Sent: Apr 25, 2009 11:20 AM

you might enjoy this blog
http://drsanity.blogspot.com/
Barack / 08
Baroke / 09

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.