Monday, May 11, 2009

Comments on The Belmont Club,
"A laughing matter"


These are the professional experts on communications and comedy who have spent 30 years cursing Ronald Reagan as a mere failed B-movie actor. If you think that this is a joke I have three words that should ensure that you either never laugh again or are reduced to banging your head on the wall as you are stuffed into the strait jacket,
Senator Al Franken.

-------
It does not have to be like this. Hubert Horatio Humphrey may not have been elected President but, while he was a committed partisan liberal, he was admired on both sides of the aisle.
Like Jack Kemp he was a Happy Warrior.

Mr. President, I’m going to bring you up to date on all the political jokes.
- Will Rogers
I already know them all. I appointed most of them.
- Herbert Hoover

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.