Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Love In the Jet Age.

There is a story in the family that one day we went to Idlewild to see a relative off, air travel still being a glamorous big deal then. That much I do remember. Apparently we all had lunch in the terminal restaurant. During which my brother and I were busy doing what came naturally, which was being horrible. At the table behind us a soon to be famous fashion designer was sitting with an extraordinarily beautiful girl. He was proposing marriage to her, asking her to stay and telling her about how excellent his prospects were. While he was doing that she was staring at my brother and I, being horrible. The safe bet is that she got on a plane.

There is no truth to the rumor that the Catholics tried to borrow my brother and myself so as to increase the number of young women finding vocations as nuns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.