Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Comment on Wretchard T. Cat on Facebook:
Comment on Elizabeth Scalia on Twitter

When you think you are a god. You surrender to the Beast and have,
"No restraint. No restraint at all."

When I was at university we amused ourselves during the summer after my first year by playing with hypnotism. I was very good at it. One day I hypnotized a young woman who was a friend of mine and my set. She later became my freshman roommates girlfriend for a time. I brought her down slowly step by step, describing walking down a spiral staircase. At the bottom I asked her to describe where she was. She was in a very deep trance and this was not faked. She said that she was in a small room and that she could hear noises outside. She began to describe hearing what sounded like an animal outside that was trying to get in. I knew that something was wrong and I brought her back by walking her up the staircase until I could safely wake her up. Sometime later Erika Fromm came to a sherry hour at my dormitory and I described the incident. She became quite agitated and made me swear never to do that again. She told me that my friend was probably a paranoid schizophrenic and that I was very close to unleashing her demons. My life was in real danger if that beast attempting to get in had broken through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.