Saturday, March 09, 2019

Boot Self-Boots

Some years ago when I met him Boot seemed reasonably bright as a Policy Populist. Not someone likely to find himself on tenure track at a good school but more likely to be a success in journalism or as a Deputy Assistant Under Secretary in a GOP administration, with some possibility of moving up. Then he hitched himself to Jeb!! He wasn't alone in being part of that trainwreck, and he could have even made himself look good coming out of it. Instead he alternately lashed out at Trump, insulted the voters, begged Trump for a job in the most condescending way possible (which crossed the line for me), and then doubled down on increasingly incoherent insanity. If anyone knows him and cares, I do think that he needs help. He did did block me on Facebook but I still get his spam-mail. Perhaps over the year that costs him the price of 10 kilowatt seconds. Max Boot's descent and rejection of his former supporters reminds me of when Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs turned into a wererabbit and dived down a hole.


http://thefederalist.com/2019/03/08/max-boot-bye-bye/?fbclid=IwAR0G-4XGjD7ifYKaZtTrMrQgRaR16hoOUJxg8jGsR9NjX5QajAqJ7f7KbJE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged but moderated.
Thoughtful contributions are welcome. Spam and abuse are not. This is my house.